What to remember when your company moves
When you need to make a company move, there are a lot of things to remember. Able Moving & Storage has outlined some important details for you below to make your next move a breeze.
- Make sure you have specified a time frame that will work for your company. You will be offline for a day or two or even longer depending on the magnitude of your move. It is important to be prepared for this, but also to stick to a schedule.
- Plan ahead as much as possible and prepare beforehand for the move.
- Inform your staff and give them a realistic time frame and expectations on their responsibilities. If they will need to pack belongings, be sure to give them plenty of notice to prepare!
- Make a checklist of the essential items for your business, and order them by the level of importance. For instance, you may be eager to get back online as soon as possible and wish to hook up your computer network. Keep in mind, you cannot do this without first having the desks set up!
- Hire professional movers to do the heavy lifting. The last thing you want is one of your employees becoming injured when trying to move a heavy object.
- Hire professional packers to safely pack away expensive equipment and electronics. The money you will save on the risk of costly setbacks and expense of items breaking is well worth the investment.
- Have a plan for where all new items will go in the new space. This can be hand drawn, or if you aren’t that great at designing a blueprint, simply have a list of what items will go where.
- Keep your employees in the loop at all times. By doing this, you will ensure that stress levels stay low.
Moving doesn’t have to be a chore. Follow these simple guidelines and your company will be back up and running at full speed in no time!